Dog Training Tips | Lakewood Ranch
Dog Training Tips from K9. Proper training for your dog is vital to a long and happy association with your pet. Certified Dog Trainer, Mike Harvey can provide you with all the training you need, from basic house training for puppies to clearing up adult dog behavioral issues that may have gone on for years. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Rules: Before owning a dog it’s a good idea to think about what you want to teach your dog. Will they be allowed on the furniture? Are some areas off limit? Knowing what you want for your pet will set a good foundation for moving forward with training your dog.
- Reward: Positive reinforcement is a great way to teach your dog. Always reward your dog with treats, toys and lots of praise. Let them know when they do something right.
- Jumping: You need to make this clear from the start. Puppies love to jump up in greeting. Don’t reprimand them, ignore this behavior and them until they settle down. Then praise or reward them. Never encourage jumping up. It will be harder to deal with as they get older.
- Biting or Nipping: Puppies love to nip and bite because that is how they play. You can use a toy for your puppy to bite but never allow your puppy to bite you. If they start walk away and discontinue playing until they calm down.
- Be Positive and Patient: Your dog wants to please you. So when they do a good job let them know. Consistent repetition will reinforce what they have learned.
K9 in the Lakewood Ranch area offers proven training methods that work. We can train the worst behavior problems. Some problems are addressed in the FIRST lesson. However, the best benefit of our training programs is that we teach YOU how to live happily with your dog!
We teach owners how to be confident in their ability to travel with their dog. K9 training programs and techniques will help you relieve the stress your dog may be giving you.
K9 dog training will give you the best opportunity to be successful in leading a very happy and rewarding life with your dog. The most amazing part is your confidence growing during the training process. You progress from a person who has been stressed out their entire time they’ve had their dog, to relief. We can take your guilt or embarrassment your dog may be causing and turn that into pride and happiness.
For more dog training information contact: K9, 7081 Prospect Rd, Sarasota, Florida. Call 1-888-K9TEAMS, or Email: mike@K9coachfl.com. We serve the Sarasota and Manatee County area with our dog training services. Including the towns of Sarasota, Siesta Key, North Port, Venice, Englewood, Nokomis, Osprey, Casey Key and Lakewood Ranch.